Based at 40 Iron Gate, and originally known as The George Inn, our studio is part of a Grade II listed building. The George Inn was built around 1648 and became one of the most famous coaching inns in Derby. In the 17th, 18th and 19thcenturies, it had a much wider façade including the section next door, now currently the Jorrocks public house. In 1745, The George Inn became the headquarters of the Duke of Devonshire where he raised the Derbyshire Blues regiment to combat the invading highland army of Charles Edward Stuart(‘Bonnie Prince Charlie’). In 2020, Studio One took over the part of the building now known as 40 Iron Gate. It had formerly been Foulds Music Shop and had been owned by the Foulds family since 1908. After over a century’s addition of stud walls, drop ceilings and cladding there were very few of the original architectural features visible. During the midst of a global pandemic in the summer of 2020, we had great fun completely gutting the whole building and restoring it to its former glory. We are now very proud to be a part of this historic building’s life, and we welcome you all to come and enjoy it with us.